Blog Tour & Review: Overture by Skye Warren

OVERTURE (North Security #1) by Skye Warren Release Date: February 19, 2019

Add to Goodreads https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/43464864-overture

 

AVAILABLE NOW!! Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2JHVXbF Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/2Qtt15z Apple Books: https://apple.co/2QuX6le Kobo: http://bit.ly/2QvZ6ts Google Play: http://bit.ly/2QAJ9Co

 

Blurb Forbidden fruit never tasted this sweet…

The world knows Samantha Brooks as the violin prodigy. She guards her secret truth—the desire she harbors for her guardian.

Liam North got custody of her six years ago. She’s all grown up now, but he still treats her like a child. No matter how much he wants her.

No matter how bad he aches for one taste.

Her sweet overtures break down the ex-soldier’s defenses, but there’s more at stake than her body. Every touch, every kiss, every night. The closer she gets, the more exposed his darkest secret.

She’s one step away from finding out what happened the night she lost her family. One step away from leaving him forever.

OVERTURE is the first novel in a brand new series from New York Times bestselling author Skye Warren.

 

Excerpt “I’m going to tour the country. The world. I’m leaving, Liam.”

He looks away. “Christ.”

Unease moves through me. “Did you really think I wouldn’t come back?”

“I don’t know why you would want to.”

“Because I care about you.” Liam is six feet of pure muscle and hard will. There’s no way someone like me could go up against him and win. Except that when I take a step closer, he tenses. Another step and he goes still as stone. It gives me a sense of power, enough that I take the final step. “I care about you even though you’re controlling.”

There’s only an inch between the ruffle of my blouse and the flat of his abs.

“You think I’m going to apologize for keeping you safe?” he mutters. “You think I give a damn that you’re mad at me as long as you’re in one piece? That’s the only thing that matters.”

“Because you think of me like a daughter?”

He shakes his head slowly, not breaking eye contact. “No.”

“No?” I whisper.

 
Overture (North Security, #1)Overture by Skye Warren
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Overture was my first Skye Warren book, I was drawn to it because of the classical music element, it is one that speaks to me and isn't seen that often in the romance world. Overture is a forbidden romance between Samantha a 17 year old, violinist musical genius and Liam her legal guardian who is almost 15 years her senior.

The story was a delicious slow burn, with clear chemistry between the two leading characters. Both mentally struggling with their attraction to the other and neither acting on it because of their perceived legal relationship to one another. Samantha is motivated, driven and is about to go off on her first classical music tour across the world. She has fears of losing Liam when she is of age and no longer a burden, she worries about being lonely, yet is determined to establish herself as a professional violinist.

Liam is a soldier, owner and leader of a private security firm alongside his two brothers, a wealthy alpha hero at his core. Liam requested guardianship of Samantha when she was orphaned at 12 and has raised and nurtured her with a firm leash, he is now struggling to wrap his mind around setting her free. Liam holds secrets about why he took guardianship of Samantha, about why he protects and watches her so closely, as the book progresses little titbits are fed to us; but I feel there is a far bigger plan in play here.

The delicious slow burn between Samantha and Liam reached one magical scene for me on the night of her 18th birthday. Skye Warren paints the scene majestically, Samantha bathed in moonlight as she picks up her Stradivarius to play Beethoven's 5 secrets as Liam grazes the skin of her inner thighs......holy mother of god!!!! all the hotness, if you read this scene listen to the piece of music as you read and you will never forget it!

Towards the end of this novel the twists start to play out in the plot and we see Liam close himself off as Samantha drives away from him into her new life on tour, starting it with a broken heart.
At times in the first half of the novel I found the story slowed a little too much for my liking and it needed something outside of Liam and Samantha's slow burn to keep the pace and storyline fresh. Other than that I enjoyed my first Novel from Skye Warren and I am looking forward to getting my hands on Concerto to see if Liam can realy let Samantha fly free after all.

View all my reviews

About the Author Skye Warren is the New York Times bestselling author of dangerous romance. Her books have sold over one million copies. She makes her home in Texas with her loving family, sweet dogs, and evil cat.

Connect w/Skye Website: http://www.skyewarren.com/books/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/skyewarren Twitter: https://twitter.com/skye_warren Instagram: https://instagram.com/skyewarrenbooks/ YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/SkyeWarrenBooks Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/skyewarren/

Newsletter Signup: http://bit.ly/SkyeWarrensVIPReaderList

No comments

Post a Comment