New Review ~ A Lover's Lament by KL Grayson & B.T. Urruela




A Lover's Lament 
by KL Grayson & B.T. Urruela
Released: October 6, 2015

Blurb:
In a matter of seconds my entire world changed, and it was in that moment that I stopped living and simply began to exist. 

In my grief, I sent a letter to the first boy I ever loved. I hoped in writing it I’d find some peace from the nightmare I was living, some solace in my anger. 

I didn’t expect him to write back. I wasn’t prepared for his words, and I certainly wasn’t ready for the impact this soldier would have on my life. A deep-rooted hate transformed into friendship, and then molded into a love like I’d never known before. 

Sergeant Devin Ulysses Clay did what I couldn’t: he put the shattered pieces of my heart back together, restoring my faith in humanity and teaching me how to live again. 

But now that I’m whole, I have a decision to make. Do I return to my life as I knew it and the fiancĂ© I left behind, or do I walk away from it all for the only man to ever break my heart? 

*** 

I’ve been living in hell, but you won’t hear me complain. 

These men depend on me, as I do them, and this brotherhood is the only family I’ve ever known. 

The Army saved me from a callous mother and a life on the wrong side of the tracks that was quickly spiraling out of control. So unlike most of the men in my platoon, going home wasn’t something I longed for. 

I was content overseas, spending my days defending this country that gave me my life back. Fighting became my new normal … until her. 

A letter from Katie Devora—a letter that I almost didn’t open. Her words put a fire back inside of me that I didn’t know I’d lost. She gave me hope during a time when I was fighting every day just to stay alive, and now it’s time I fight for her. 




To go through what BT went through and to come out on top is inspirational. I thank him and every other man and woman who put their lives on the line for the freedom some of us take for granted. You are all my heroes.






This was real and raw. It was amazing and beautiful. It was emotional and heartfelt.

This story was well written and pulled me in from the first page. It brought out real emotions and tugged on my heart. It was a story of real heroes and second chances.

“Love has no expiration date, Katie.”


No truer words have been said. Their journey wasn’t easy by any means but that’s what real life is about. Struggling and finding your normal and having the one person who is you other half and you love above all else.

I loved this story and hope that these two collaborate again in the future. The writing was seamless and flowed from page to page. I loved this story.







You can find A Lover's Lament in the Coming Home anthology along with some other great stories.

All proceeds from the sale got to VetSports.

Coming Home is only available till June 5th
So grab your copy today!









No comments

Post a Comment